Sunday, July 4, 2010

TOILET PAPER QUIZ


When I should have been doing something more productive, I was googling anything that came to mind. Don't ask why because I don't know why, but I googled the history of toilet paper. I didn't expect to find anything. There is more than you could possibly imagine! I learned things I didn't even know I didn't know.

Do you know the answer to the following? (I didn't. but I do now.)

1) What character was the TV commercial spokesman for a certain brand of toilet paper, played by only one performer for many years, earned up to $300,000 year and a liftime supply of toilet paper?

2) In 1391 Chinese emperors began to order toilet paper in sheets measuring:
2 x 3 feet 1 x 2 feet 5 x 7 feet 9 x 12 inches

3) Which of the following things were NOT used as toilet toilet paper before its use became common:

grass, leaves, fur, mussell shells, corncobs, stinging nettles, stones. pieces of clay, sponges on the ends of sticks, corncobs, the left hand, pages from newspapers, magazines, and catalogs. (Just a partial list, I'm sure.)

4) In 1935, Northern Tissue proudly advertised toilet paper that was free of what?

1) Fragrance

2) Termites

3) Splinters

5) Rolled and perforated toilet paper similar to what we know and love was invented between:

1) 1840-1850

2) 1880-1890

3) 1895-1915

4) 1918-1925

6) Why did the Farmer's Almanac have a hole in it?

Lastly, to complete your education, go to the following link to see Michelangelo's original concept for the Creation on the Sistine ceiling.

http://nobodys-perfect.com/vtpm/ExhibitHall/ArtGallery/ArtGallery.html

No comments:

Post a Comment